There are a lot of different moving companies out there to choose from. However, it’s important to keep in mind that not all moving companies are of the same quality – and you won’t want to entrust your things with a poor quality moving company. To ensure that you hire a reputable moving company, make sure to look for the following six things:
- A good reputation – Do a little research to ensure that the moving company you choose is credible. There are a few ways to go about doing this. Check with the Better Business Bureau to see if there have been any complaints filed against the moving company and whether they have been addressed. Then do a little research online. For example, look at various customer reviews to see what the overall public opinion of the moving company is.
- Experience – While a newer moving company may do a good job, it’s less risky to hire a moving company with more experience. Moving companies that provide poor quality services won’t usually last very long, which means the experience is a good indicator of quality. Not to mention that they’ll most likely know what they are doing, which reduces the risk of any damage occurring to your possessions during the move.
- A professional attitude and appearance – Details matter – if the company doesn’t put the effort in to appear professional, then there’s no reason to expect them to put any effort into the actual job. You can judge their professionalism by the quality of their website design as well as the quality of their customer service. If it takes them a long time to get back to you after filling out a request online, or if you call and the customer service representative is rude, then they’re not very professional.
- A variety of services – Look for moving companies that provide a variety of different moving services. The more moving services they offer, the better equipped they will be to meet your unique moving needs. If you choose a company that charges a flat rate, then you’ll end up paying the same amount to move a small apartment worth of belongings across the block as you would move a house full of possessions across the state, which isn’t exactly a great deal.
- Registration and insurance – Never hire a moving company that doesn’t have the proper registration and insurance. Not only is this an indicator that they may not be trustworthy, but it means that you probably won’t be compensated if any of your things are lost or damaged. Make sure to ask for proof of registration and insurance.
- A written estimate – A reputable moving company will provide you with an accurate estimate of how much your move will cost. Ask for the estimate in writing so that they can’t go back on it.
These are six things that you should look for when comparing various moving companies. Doing so will ensure that you will find a reputable moving company that you can trust.